SINE2020 - A project dedicated to Education and Training
Scientist explaining an instrument to the students at the Fan du LLB school. © NMI3
SINE2020 will financially support a number of neutron scattering schools each year. Calls for schools which seek support will be launched every year for advanced schools and every second year for introductory schools.
SINE2020 will support schools offering an introduction to neutron scattering. In these schools, students are given an overview of the relevant theoretical aspects of the techniques, as well as an opportunity to perform real experiments on state-of-the-art instruments from Europe's neutron facilities.
Specialist neutron schools focusing on a specific neutron technique, analysis tool or scientific discipline are necessary for scientists looking for a more specific type of training.
Call for supporting schools
Neutron schools in Europe will be offered the opportunity to apply for funding. Further information on the requirements for applications will be available soon on this page. Please find below an indicative calendar of the calls. For further, detailed information go to news & calls.
- Evaluation made by the coordination committee
- Submission via email
- Announcement on the SINE2020 web page
Schools in 2019
- JCNS Laboratory Course on Neutron Scattering: MLZ, Germany 2-13 September 2019 APPLICATIONS OPEN Deadline 12 May 2019
- SISN-Intro: Torino and Grenoble June 2019
- Oxford School on Neutron Scattering: Oxford, UK 2-13 September 2019 Registrations OPEN Deadline 12 May 2019
- 1st Bilbao Neutron School: Science and Instrumentation for Compact Accelerator-Driven Neutron Sources (CANS), Bilbao, Spain 17-19 June 2019 REGISTRATION OPEN Deadline 31st May
- International Advanced School in Muon Spectroscopy: An ideal platform to learn the theory, techniques and applications of muon spectroscopy, STFC Rutherford Appletone Laboratory, Harwell, UK 15-23 August 2019 Registration open Deadline 3rd June
- SISN Advanced 2019: Neutrons and Muons for Magnetism, Ispra (Varese), Italy 2-6 September 2019 APPLICATIONS OPEN Deadline 31 May 2019
- Neutrons for Membrane Biophysics, Garching, Germany 16-20 September 2019 Register here
Schools so far...
Our Schools have trained over 700 people in the neutron community. All resources from these Schools are available on our e-learning plaform e-neutron.org
- JCNS Laboratory Course on Neutron Scattering: MLZ, Germany 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Berlin School on Neutron Scattering: Berlin, Germany 2016, 2017 & 2018
- CETS, Central European Training School: Budapest, Hungary 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Hercules: Grenoble, France 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
- ISIS Muon Spectroscopy Training School: UK, 2016 & 2018
- Oxford School on Neutron Scattering: Oxford, UK, 2017
- Giornate Didattiche: Italy, 2016 & 2017
- PSI Summer School: Switzerland, 2017
- SISN-Intro: Torino and Grenoble, 2018
- Joint French-Swedish school on X-rays and Neutrons techniques for the study of functional materials for energy: Lund, Sweden 13-17 May 2019 Website
- ADD 2019: Analysis of diffraction data in real space, Grenoble, France 2019
- Matrac 2: Matrac 1 with special focus on Fundamental Aspects of Materials, Germany, 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Frontiers of Condensed Matter Physics: Tokai, Japan 2017
- SonS: The neutron precession tecniques
- Matrac 1: Application of Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiaion in Engineering Materials Science, Germany, 2018
- SISN: Neutron scattering data handling
- Bombannes: Scattering methods applied to Soft Condensed Matter, 2016 & 2018
- FCMP 2018 Frontiers of Condensed Matter Physics: Frascati, 2018
- MacStas 2018: Instrumentation Simulation, Orotava, Spain 2018
- BioNeutron 2018: Introduction to neutrons for biologists, Carqueiranne, France 2018
- Neils Bohr 2018: INS, NMR and molecular dynamics, Copenhagen, Denmark 2018