You cannot solve your analytical problem with standard lab techniques?
Boost your R&D with advanced analytical techniques at certain neutron sources.
The SINE2020 project offers the opportunity to use Europe’s leading neutron facilities for your company’s R&D. This offer is relevant for all companies within these industry sectors:
- Chemical Industry (e.g. vectorisation, drug design, thin films, membranes)
- Pharmacology & Biotechnology (e.g. vectorisation, drug molecule binding sites, thin films, membranes)
- Materials & Components (e.g. metallurgy, magnetic materials, nanomaterials, construction materials, composites, semiconductors)
- Energy & Environment (e.g. fuel cells, batteries, solar cells, hydrogen storage, biomass processing, composition of soils, oil and gas)
Already 21 companies took their opportunity and got unique results from neutron characterisation measurements.
Who is next ?
NOW opening: FREE analysis of your material or device
Apply here until April 2019!
Using neutron beams for non-destructive testing enables us to view inside large or complex objects. A big advantage to use neutron beams for materials characterisation is the strong penetration in nearly all technical objects. This favours in-situ studies of materials during operation, for example:
- to understand the chemical process on charging-discharging a high power battery
- to study new materials for more efficient gas turbines
- to help in detergent formulation by mixing several products and following-up the evolution of phases
Another benefit is the specific contrast of different chemical elements or even isotopes for the neutrons. By this, one can observe even a small amount of hydrogen containing materials like glues or lubricants inside a metallic object. Neutrons can see in high-resolution mode. Structures less than 100 micrometres are getting visible, for example:
- the oil in a running car engine
- the distribution of sealing glue in an entire car door
Send us your request before April 2019
A feasibility study within the SINE2020 project will include:
- Consultancy via SINE2020 Liaison Officers with local experts.
- Support in the preparation and performance of experiments at the research facility.
- Assistance with data analysis and result interpretation.
You will get an answer about approval within 2 weeks.
Incoming requests will be evaluated continuously and the decision about feasibility of the measurements and the appropriate facility will be announced within two weeks after the request is received. Do not hesitate to contact us for any question.