SINE2020 - A project dedicated to Education and Training
Scientist explaining an instrument to the students at the Fan du LLB school. © NMI3
SINE2020 will financially support a number of neutron scattering schools each year. Calls for schools which seek support will be launched every year for advanced schools and every second year for introductory schools.
SINE2020 will support schools offering an introduction to neutron scattering. In these schools, students are given an overview of the relevant theoretical aspects of the techniques, as well as an opportunity to perform real experiments on state-of-the-art instruments from Europe's neutron facilities.
Specialist neutron schools focusing on a specific neutron technique, analysis tool or scientific discipline are necessary for scientists looking for a more specific type of training.
Call for supporting schools
Neutron schools in Europe will be offered the opportunity to apply for funding. Further information on the requirements for applications will be available soon on this page. Please find below an indicative calendar of the calls. For further, detailed information go to news & calls.
- Evaluation made by the coordination committee
- Submission via email
- Announcement on the SINE2020 web page
Schools so far...
Our Schools have trained over 400 people in the neutron community. All resources from these Schools are available on our e-learning plaform e-neutron.org
- JCNS Laboratory Course on Neutron Scattering: MLZ, Germany 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Berlin School on Neutron Scattering: Berlin, Germany 2016 & 2017
- CETS, Central European Training School: Budapest, Hungary 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Hercules: Grenoble, France 2016 & 2017
- ISIS Muon Spectroscopy Training School: UK, 2016 & 2018
- Oxford School on Neutron Scattering: Oxford, UK, 2017
- Giornate Didattiche: Italy, 2016 & 2017
- PSI Summer School: Switzerland, 2017
- Matrac 2: Matrac 1 with special focus on Fundamental Aspects of Materials, Germany, 2017 & 2018
- SonS: The neutron precession tecniques
- Matrac 1: Application of Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiaion in Engineering Materials Science, Germany, 2018
- SISN: Neutron scattering data handling
- Bombannes: Scattering methods applied to Soft Condensed Matter, 2016 & 2018
- Frontiers of Condensed Matter Physics